Our Bookkeeping team can take the paperwork off your hands, leaving you more time to work on the things that matter to you.
You can drop off your invoices, bank statements and other relevant paperwork, and we’ll process the figures and prepare your records, including:
- Management Accounts
- VAT Returns
- Key Performance Indicators
- End of Year Accounts
- Estimated Tax Liabilities as you go along, so there are no end of year surprises!
You pick up the records (neatly filed and organised!) and all the information we’ve agreed to provide you with.
Bookkeeping Health Check
We provide more for your business than just bookkeeping services. If you take up our Bookkeeping Health Check we’ll cast an expert eye to ensure you get the very best advice and insights, as well as help with any surprises such as VAT investigations. We can thoroughly review your bookkeeping system to advise on:
- The right bookkeeping system for your business
- If the information being produced is accurate and reliable
- How you can spend less time keeping your books
- VAT errors – before the VAT man finds them!
- Specific training needed for bookkeeping staff
- How you could produce more relevant management information that is useful to manage your business
The role of a Company Secretary is varied, but it inevitably involves paperwork! Acting as Company Secretary, our business services team will make sure your legal obligations are fulfilled, including maintaining statutory registers and submitting statutory documents. As meetings administration can be daunting, we’ll prepare your notice of General Meetings, drafting agendas and preparing minutes. Our business services teams are experienced in share administration in the form of processing transfer forms and certificates. We will also carry out company searches on your behalf, file your Annual Return, give you general Company Law advice and look at protection of minority interests.
Using our Stockport office address as the registered office for your company ensures that all important documents come straight to us to deal with on your behalf straight away. Any that aren’t for us, we forward to you. This service means that we will be able to deal with HMRC and Companies House documents in a timely and secure manner. We will process all correspondence for you, keeping you up to date by telephone or email. Using our Registered Office service also means that your home address is not on public record as the viewing location for your company documents, thereby keeping your personal and business matters separate.
Tax isn’t always black and white and if you come under scrutiny we are happy to argue your case in the strongest possible terms. We can deal with HMRC on your behalf throughout your case, and have a thorough knowledge of the legalities and regulations.
As a taxpayer you have many rights, and we will ensure they are never forgotten by HMRC.
We can help you with VAT disputes in the following ways:
- Communicating with HMRC on your behalf
- Dealing with VAT control visits
- Dealing with any contentious disputes that arise with Customs
- Attendance at VAT Inspections
VAT Health Check
Our VAT Health Check service is designed to find any VAT issues before the VAT man does! We will go through your records and:
- Review and sample check your accounting records for errors
- Sample test the most common errors that VAT inspectors look for
- Statistically analyse your completed VAT returns
- Sample check the completion of VAT returns
- Compare your VAT returns against your annual accounts
- Check the VAT treatment of your sales
- Consider whether you are making best use of relevant VAT schemes
- Ensure you are correctly applying the rules of VAT schemes
- Identify VAT planning opportunities
We take best advantage of the reliefs available and interpret the regulations to ensure peace of mind for all of our clients. For VAT registration we can assist with:
- Advising if it is necessary or beneficial for you to register
- Advice on the VAT schemes suitable to your business
- Completion of the VAT registration forms and formalities
- Advice on reporting: you have to notify HMRC you are using some schemes, but not all
Compliance with VAT is complex, and investigations by HMRC can be intense, so it is all the more important that your VAT returns are completed correctly.
There are three methods we can use to assist in completion of VAT returns:
- Let us do your bookkeeping and complete the return from your premises
- Give us your books and we’ll complete the return for you
- We can provide training on how to complete your return
Whatever method we use, if you trust us to complete your VAT returns, they’ll be filed in good time to ensure you avoid any penalties.