Bennett Verby is a BACS-approved Payroll Bureau and specialist provider of outsourced payroll services.
Outsourcing your payroll to us means you won’t have to invest in payroll software and training, so you and your people can focus on your business.
Our Payroll team will look after your PAYE requirements, auto-enrolment, record keeping, remuneration and reporting.
Our specialists are also on hand to look at any tax issues that might affect your employment, such as contracting, the Construction Industry Scheme and IR35.
As auto-enrolment legislation changes and spot checks by The Pensions Regulator happen more often, we can give you peace of mind that the rules are being followed.
We’ll make sure you’re complying with the strict record-keeping and reporting responsibilities laid out by The Pensions Regulator, to help reduce the risk of arrears and penalties. We’ll regularly check your employees against the eligibility criteria and enrol them when it’s time.
With payroll benefits and long-term savings in the minds of many people, some of your employees may wish to opt in to a scheme voluntarily. We can manage these requests and contributions.
Additional services offered by our Payroll Bureau include:
- Filing PAYE Returns
- Absence monitoring
- Payroll Journals
- Employee payroll costs split over departments, cost centres or branches
- Pension summaries
- Payroll rate and component summaries
- BACS payments
- Autopay / Faxpay payments
- Processing payments for third party deductions
- Direct posting of pay slips to employees
- RTI Returns submitted to HMRC for each pay period
- All reports sent electronically via email
We’ll talk you through the tax advantages of contracting and offer all inclusive services for contractors including:
- Company formation
- Annual Accounts
- Company tax returns
- Personal Tax Returns
- Company secretarial service
- VAT Returns
- PAYE Returns
- Tax computations
- Review of contracts for IR35 status
- Provision of anti IR35 draft contracts
- Dealing with IR35 disputes
CIS (Construction Industry Scheme)
Under the Construction Industry Scheme, contractors must deduct money from a subcontractor’s payments and give it to HMRC, who counts it as advanced payments towards the subcontractor’s tax and National Insurance.
Contractors must register for the scheme, and subcontractors don’t have to register, but deductions are taken from their payments at a higher rate if they’re not registered.
As usual, there are personal criteria for registering for the Scheme as well as criteria for how construction work is defined, as well as exceptions for workers in the Construction industry based on type of work and location.
We can give your business a free CIS Health Check to check everything’s in order.
Employment Status and IR35
IR35 has been in the news recently, with HMRC challenging celebrities’ employment status against their strict rules. It is important to get your employment status correct in order to pay the correct amount of tax, no more and no less, and to avoid falling foul of tax laws.
We can review your existing arrangements and give you our opinion on whether it will stand up to examination by the Revenue. We can help draft contracts for services to assist you and will advise on how you can maximise your chances.
IR35 cases are often matters of general employment law, and not specific tax legislation. There is an enormous amount of Case Law in this area which we can wade through and argue your case on your behalf.
Employee Remuneration Planning
Good remuneration packages are important in attracting and keeping the right quality staff.
We offer comprehensive advice on all employment tax issues including:
- Tax efficient remuneration strategies
- Planning for retirement
- Termination payments
- Inducement payments
- Company car and van strategies
- Benefits planning
- Expenses dispensations
PAYE Health Check
Designed to find any PAYE issues, the Health Check can:
- Review your people and sample check your payroll records for errors
- Sample test the most common errors that the PAYE inspectors look for
- Statistically analyse your completed PAYE returns
- Sample check the completion of PAYE returns
- Compare your PAYE returns against your annual accounts
- Sample check leavers and starters to make sure they are correctly dealt with
- Review statutory maternity pay, statutory sick pay, student loan deductions and working tax credits
- Identify any workers where status issues may be a concern
- Check completion of end of year returns
- Review benefit in kind and expenses disclosures and calculations
- Check expenses dispensations
- Identify any PAYE planning opportunities
Our friendly and knowledgeable team will take the hard work from you, providing pay slips, processing new starters and leavers (including P45s and P46s) and producing P60s. Our People & Payroll experts know their stuff with regards to SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP, pension and student loan contributions and Attachment of Earnings Orders. We’ll also instruct the PAYE amount due to the Inland Revenue and monitor payments for you.
We make sure your records and reports are accurate, and will liaise with the Inland Revenue and other official bodies on your behalf. As well as record keeping here, we will tailor reports to you, depending on your needs, on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis.